You can contribute to MONARC by:
- Reporting confirmed bugs
- Suggesting enhancements or new features
- Improving the documentation.
If you want to contribute to the code you can use our Vagrant development environment.
The bug tracker is for tracking bugs, todos and confirmed new features. If you want to submit a feature request please discuss about it here.
Do not use the bug tracker to ask questions about how to use MONARC.
Please be aware of the following things when filing bug reports:
- Avoid raising duplicate issues. Use the GitHub issue search feature to check whether your bug report has been mentioned in the past.
- When filing bug reports about exceptions or tracebacks, please include the complete traceback (logs of Apache, etc.).
- Make sure you provide a suitable amount of information. This means you should provide: how to reproduce the issue, what you expected to happen, what actually happens, what version of MONARC you are using and how you installed it.
Did you write a patch that fixes a bug?
- Open a new GitHub pull request with the patch.
- Ensure the pull request description clearly describes the problem and the solution. Include the relevant issue number if applicable.
If the bug concerns a security issue.
New feature requests
Ideas of new features should always be discussed.
Do you intend to add a new feature or change an existing one?
- Suggest and discuss about your idea;
- Open a pull request if you have collected positive feedback and can implement it yourself.
Contribution to the translations
If you are willing to improve the translations of MONARC or if MONARC is not yet available in your language, you can help us via our internationalization platform.
Contribution to the documentation
Contributions to the documentation are also always welcome.
Please uses Markdown. MarkdownMode is of great help for that. If you are using the ATOM editor, you should also find some Markdown extensions.
Do not version binary files (.docx document, etc.). for the documentation or anything else. It easier to follow the changes of plain text files.
Pandoc is a wonderful tool to convert files from one markup format into another.