The GitHub issue tracker is for bug reports and feature requests. Please do not use it to ask questions about how to use MONARC.
You can contribute to MONARC by:
If you want to contribute to the code you can use our Vagrant development environment. This is more convenient.
Please be aware of the following things when filing bug reports:
- Avoid raising duplicate issues. Use the GitHub issue search feature to check whether your bug report has been mentioned in the past.
- When filing bug reports about exceptions or tracebacks, please include the complete traceback (logs of Apache, etc.).
- Make sure you provide a suitable amount of information. This means you should provide: how to reproduce the issue, what you expected to happen, what actually happens, what version of MONARC you are using and how you installed it.
Did you write a patch that fixes a bug?
- Open a new GitHub pull request with the patch.
- Ensure the pull request description clearly describes the problem and the solution. Include the relevant issue number if applicable.
If the bug concerns a security issue.
New feature requests
Ideas of new features should always be discussed in an new issue on GitHub.
Do you intend to add a new feature or change an existing one?
- Suggest your change in an issue with the tag feature request.
- Open a pull request if you have collected positive feedback and can implement it yourself.
Contribution to the documentation
Contributions to the documentation are also always welcome.
Do not version binary files (.docx document, etc.). for the documentation or anything else. It easier to follow the changes of plain text files.
Pandoc is a wonderful tool to convert files from one markup format into another.